Sunday, September 21, 2014

Favourite Fall Lip Colours



September is coming to an end, which can only mean fall is in full swing! As the cold weather approaches, I am slowly beginning the transition of my wardrobe and my makeup bag from warm summery colours, to cooler fall/winter tones. One of my favourite ways to change up my look is by mixing up my lip colours! Lipstick is such a fun and simple way to transform your makeup, and I have picked my favourite lipstick shades I like to wear in the fall.

My first pick is a beautiful pinky brown shade from Chanel, one of my absolute favourite fashion brands. The colour is called Mademoiselle (05) and is one of the Chanel Rouge Coco lipsticks. I love this colour because it works for both day and night. Mademoiselle is bit darker than a nude lipstick and I think it will look great with any fall wardrobe! The texture of this lipstick is so smooth and hydrating. The pigmentation is great and it lasts for most of the day. 

My second pick is a classic red colour from MAC. MAC is famous for their fabulous lipsticks. There is so much variety in terms of colours and they have great pigmentation and texture. MAC Red has a satin finish and is described on MAC's website as a "vivid bright bluish-red". This colour is such a classic and looks great on everyone at any time of the year. 


My final pick is a stunning dark berry colour by NARS. The shade is Scarlet Empress and it's a semi-matte lipstick. This colour is great because you can apply it on it's own for a dark berry hue or you can sheer it out with lip balm or gloss to create a pretty raspberry colour. The formula for this lipstick isn't drying and lasts for the majority of the day. 
Check out my swatches of all three colours below!

From top to bottom: Mademoiselle, MAC Red, Scarlet Empress

From top to bottom: Mademoiselle, MAC Red, Scarlet Empress

What lip colour are you wearing today?

xoxo

Coral

No comments:

Post a Comment